The Grammarly for Builders staff is thrilled to announce the overall availability of the Grammarly Textual content Editor SDK. Now you can use our API to supply your customers with Grammarly’s beloved communication help to enhance spelling, grammar, tone, readability, engagement, and extra.
We are able to’t cease celebrating!
What you are able to do with the Grammarly Textual content Editor SDK 🖥️
The SDK offers you with every little thing it is advisable add Grammarly’s writing help to textual content editors in your app. The SDK analyzes textual content and gives options for a way it may be improved.
The SDK permits you to add Grammarly’s writing help to your app with just some strains of code.
With a reputation like Grammarly, you would possibly assume the SDK checks if the textual content is grammatically appropriate, and also you’d be proper. However the SDK, like all of Grammarly’s product choices, does extra than simply verify your customers’ grammar and spelling; it helps them write content material that’s cleaner, simpler to learn, and of their desired tone. The SDK offers options in these classes:
- Correctness (grammar, spelling, and punctuation)
- Readability (conciseness and readability)
- Engagement (vocabulary and phrase selection)
- Supply (tone and inclusive language)
With just some strains of code, you should use the SDK so as to add the Grammarly Textual content Editor Plugin to your app.
The plugin will analyze your customers’ textual content and underline points as they kind. It is going to show pink underlines for correctness options and blue underlines for readability, engagement, and supply options. Customers can hover over an underline to see a advised change. They’ll select to simply accept or dismiss the suggestion.
The plugin will even show the Grammarly button on the web page. The button exhibits what number of options Grammarly has to your customers. The Grammarly button menu additionally permits customers to configure their expertise. For instance, they will select their most popular English dialect.
On the Developer Hub, you’ll discover particulars about all the options the SDK offers to reinforce your customers’ writing expertise.
The right way to get began with the SDK 👩💻
“In just some minutes I had Grammarly options popping up on my web site and was in a position to ship it to all my customers. Grammarly has been one of many best third-party plugins I’ve ever carried out. You actually simply need to import the plugin and annotate a textarea or enter. That’s it, and it simply works!”
—Alyce Dawson, Software program Developer from Neighbor.com
When you add the plugin to your app, you possibly can customise what options and options you need to be turned on to your customers. You possibly can even customise the plugin’s theme to match your app’s UI.
You possibly can customise the plugin’s theme to match your app’s UI.
We now have a forever-free plan, so you possibly can strive the plugin in your app and shortly present writing help to your customers. You possibly can contact Gross sales in the event you’re curious about upgrading to the Starter plan or need to get the extra superior options and options within the Plus plan. We sit up for bringing you self-serve entry to improve your plan sooner or later.
Autocomplete helps your customers talk extra effectively.
Placing the precise tone in your writing will be extremely difficult (I’m positive my sarcasm has by no means been misplaced on my readers 😉) and may make the distinction between constructing or weakening a relationship. The tone detector will assist your customers guarantee they’re delivering the message they intend.
The tone detector provides your customers confidence that they sound the best way they intend.
Apps that profit from the SDK 📝
Any net or desktop app the place customers write content material will profit from the writing help that the SDK offers. Listed below are examples of the sorts of purposes that would profit from the SDK, in addition to firms which might be seeing constructive enterprise outcomes after including the SDK to their apps.
- Marketplaces and apps that function user-generated content material: Apps that enable customers to checklist objects on the market or function consumer critiques thrive when the textual content is top of the range and straightforward to learn. These apps generally have a handbook overview course of that’s time-consuming and costly. Neighbor.com, a self-storage market, reported that including Grammarly options to their website has freed up time for his or her content material moderation staff, who’re intervening much less due to the higher-quality itemizing descriptions.
- Content material administration methods (CMSs) and doc methods: Many firms, like media firms, construct and host their very own CMSs and doc methods to publish content material. They want to make sure that the content material is freed from errors, engages readers, and makes use of inclusive language previous to publication.
- Buyer help and communication platforms: When staff talk with prospects, their writing must be straightforward to know and strike the precise tone. Hello Marley, an SMS platform for the insurance coverage business, discovered the SDK helped their prospects talk sooner and extra clearly.
- Social media administration: Social media creators need to guarantee their content material goes viral . . . in a great way. With the SDK built-in in social media administration platforms, creators can guarantee their content material is freed from embarrassing grammar and spelling errors and likewise makes use of present, inclusive language. Jellysmack, a platform that helps creators handle, distribute, and monetize their work, discovered that their customers settle for over 75% of Grammarly options. Vardan Avagov, VP of Product at Jellysmack, mentioned, “The SDK is a large worth add for our copywriters and our enterprise.”
- E mail and chat platforms: Customers of e-mail and chat platforms have quite a lot of wants—every little thing from informal conversations with family and friends to high-stakes skilled communication. Pawel Majda, a product supervisor at Mailbird, informed us, “After integrating Grammarly, it shortly grew to become probably the most standard integrations inside Mailbird and continues to achieve an increasing number of customers daily.”
- AI copywriters: Utilizing synthetic intelligence to shortly create content material is changing into extra frequent. These AI copywriters want to make sure that the content material they generate is evident and well-written.
Go to our put up on the Grammarly weblog to be taught extra about how firms like Hootsuite, GoFundMe, and Entrance are utilizing the SDK of their apps.
The right way to be a part of the Grammarly for Builders neighborhood 🤝
We’re simply getting began, and we’d love so that you can be a part of our neighborhood! If you wish to ask a query, have an thought for enchancment, or discover a bug, I encourage you to begin a dialogue within the Grammarly for Builders neighborhood on GitHub.
Be part of us for a digital launch get together 🎉
We’re internet hosting a digital launch get together on Thursday, October 13, on YouTube and Twitch. That is your likelihood to satisfy the engineering staff that constructed the SDK and ask them your burning questions. They’ll be exhibiting you how you can get began with the SDK and demoing their favourite options.
Register for the launch get together, so that you don’t miss the occasion. I hope to see you there!
We’re past excited to be releasing the SDK (are you able to inform? 😀). We hope you discover the method of including the plugin to your app pleasant and that your customers discover Grammarly’s options extremely priceless.